Friday, August 22, 2008

Well, Back in the so called saddle again!!

Today was the big day. Mom, Dad, big brother and I got to OHSU at the butt of dawn. We got checked in, and then had to go to the 11th floor. This was were the Cath Lab and recovery room was. I was in the lab from about 12:30 until after 5. Dr. Armsby was very happy with how my pressure & veins looked. Unfortunately, they can't use the left side of my heart, because it still just has not grown like it needed to. SO it looks like the next step is the Glenn procedure or stage two of the Norwood. The good thing about this is that it is not open heart surgery. They go in near my shoulder and don't have to open my sternum up again. Dr. Langley most likely will do this surgery also. This will probably be sometime next month they said. As of right now, I will probably be discharged tomorrow afternoon. Anyways, I am really tired and not happy that I am back in the hospital again, hence the title. Please leave a comment if you read this, I would love to hear from you. Love to all and thank you for the support, Ayden.

1 comment:

pbnj said...

Sweetie-pie:

We love you and we're sorry you had to go through that again. If I could take your place, I'd do it in a second. You concentrate on getting better and stronger.

Love you,

Grandma Penny