Thursday, January 8, 2009

I will get home someday :(

So it looks like I have kicked the kylothorax and plural effusion problem (build up of fluid in chest cavity). I should be home sitting in the recliner and watching cartoons with big brother but, obviously I'm not. What is keeping me in the hospital now is my dietary issues. I keep puking up my formula and I'm not gaining weight. The doctors are not comfortable letting me go until I can gain weight. The worst part is daddy got really sick and couldn't take care of me. He was so sick he couldn't keep anything down. Thankfully Aunt Tricia came to my dads rescue and even stayed the night on Tuesday night until mommy could drive up and take care of me. Mommy got here at about 9am on Wednesday morning and sent daddy to Aunt Tricias to get better. In the mean time I have a fever but I don't think its anything serious. I also had whats called a Barium Swallow test they put some stuff in my tummy to watch how it works and they also got me to drink some of the stuff from the bottle. I liked the taste of that stuff it tasted better than my formula. The good news is the test showed that my tummy and intestines are doing great. My esophagus(throat) on the other hand isn't passing the liquid through very quickly it is hanging out in there. This could be a reflux issue so they are increasing my acid reflux medication. They also think I might have a hard time digesting milk protein. I am on yet again a new formula that smells really nasty but I think it might do the trick. Well that's a lot of stuff but we are moving in the right direction. I hope to be home really soon maybe early next week. I miss everyone so much. I will talk to you soon love Ayden.

1 comment:

pbnj said...

Hang in there, Sweety-Pie. I know this is so hard on you, Mommy, Daddy and Ryan, but we're going to get through this. I love you so much.

Grandma Penny