Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More good things than bad things

So they did the usual daily x-ray and my chest looked worse than yesterday. I had fairly good vitals all day, aside from the pesky annoyances. My absentee father showed up before noon and I treated him to my handsome face smiling within 5 minutes of him being here. I sure do miss him and big bro. They did a ultrasound of my chest today because of how my x-ray looked and on it there was a small pocket of fluid, so we thought that might mean another chest tube. After review, the ruling on the field was overturned and Dr. Langley said, "Read my lips-- No New Tube!" Now to the bad things. My central IV line is gone kaput and is also leaking. This is not good. Dr. Woodward came in and tried to get a periphal IV line twice, with no luck. Usually he is on the up and up. The PANDA team came in and was able to get one in my right arm. They even had good flowback from it and got the labs they needed from it. The docs are worried that I might have a blood infection, so they are doing a culture to find out and as a precaution, started me on two antibiotics. But for the most part, today was fairly good. I was in a fairly good mood, I smiled lots for Daddy, Mommy and Aunt Tricia, plus stuck my tongue out for her too. She likes it when I do that. I was awake for quite awhile today and now I am really tired, so I think I will hit the hay. Love Ayden

No comments: