Friday, November 28, 2008

So much for a good Thanksgiving

Well, on Wednesday I started having breathing issues and so Mom and Dad were watching me carefully. On Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving, I did not get better. So Dad called Doernbecher's and talked to a doctor. We tried giving me a extra dose of Lasiks, which did not work. So then Mom and Dad and I took a trip to Mercy's ER and got a X-Ray. They also got a IV started and gave me Lasiks through that. They let us go home with the intent on us going to the Doctors in the morning. So this morning, Dad took me and the doc examined me and talked to the doctors at Doernbecher's. They decided that the best plan of action involved Mom and Dad and I hopping in the car and driving back to Portland, again!!!

So here I am, sitting a hospital room, with a IV in my right leg, and another pleural effusion (that's doctor talk for build up of fluid in my chest cavity) on my left side now. They are giving me IV Lasiks, and saline through the IV and also giving me Aldactone (another diuretic) and potassium orally, along with my acid reflux med and methadone. They hope that giving me the extra diuretics will get rid of the extra fluid in my chest and hopefully will prevent me from having to get a chest tube put in. If this works out, keep your fingers crossed that it does, I hope I won't be here for very long, but if history repeats itself, I will be sending pictures of me wearing a Santa hat to everyone. NOT!!! Anyways, once again, Mom and Dad have had to drop everything, like work, to deal with this. I want to thank both Grandma's for taking care of big brother and also being there for Mom and Dad! Anyhow, wish me luck and I will be home before you know it. Love, Ayden.

No comments: