Saturday, December 13, 2008

This sucks!

So, On Tuesday I was moved upstairs to the 9th floor. I was doing ok, but my urine output has slowed up considerably, which is not good. I was switched to all oral medications except the Ativan. Apparently, messing with changing them and also changing from one drug to another did a number on my system, because Thursday morning, I was having problems with getting rid of the fluid and also I had lots of phlegm that I would swallow and then cough it back up, which was not good. This made me really upset and cranky. So Friday night, I started breathing heavier and at 1:30, they did a X-ray. They also gave me a IV dose of Lasiks and that helped me pee, and get some of the fluid off. I was still having problems with breathing and my x-ray showed a build up of fluid on the right side. Guess what happened next, yup a trip to the ICU and a new chest tube. Well it is now Monday and things have gotten even worse. I lost my Picc line which is the only IV that I had and it took them a very long time to even get that. They are trying to get a new line in lets hope it works. I have had a fever off and on for the last day or so and now they started me on antibiotics, to catch it before it gets bad hopefully. And to add insult to injury, big brother is sick with strep throat. This week has been great so far and it is only a day and a half into it. Well I gotta go. Love Ayden

No comments: