Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Doing ok, but more stuff to be done

Well, Monday night, Mom and the nurse gave me a bath, which made me feel better afterwards. I was the most active I had been since I was at home on Thursday. I was smiling and laughing at my goofball dad and kicking my feet and playing with my toys. They put me on a high flow nasal canula, which provides humidity to my nasal passages as well as O2. I was able to breathe easier after this and not have to work as hard, so I was less tired. This morning, they had to get blood, so I think between that and trying to get a IV started because the other one I had blew, I got poked at least 5 or 6 times. Then they tried to get a line in through my groin, which was a sterile procedure, but all that ended up being was a arterial line through my femoral artery. So it is good for blood draws, but no meds or other fluids through it. I was still in a good mood this morning because I got some much needed sleep last night. I also had another Cardiac Catheter done this afternoon. They were going in because I still have some narrowing in my Aortic arch and also what they call collateral blood vessels in my lungs. To fix these, they put tiny coils on them. I went in for this at 2:30 and did not get back from this until 11:00 last night. The first few hours was them getting a PICC IV started and giving me the drugs to put me under, so they could this. When I got back, the nurses gave me Morphine for the pain. Well I really need some sleep, so I will talk to later. Love Ayden.

No comments: