Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back in the Hospital!!!

Well, since Sunday, I have been really fussy and Mom and Dad have been very stressed out. Monday I was in a good mood all day and Tuesday I was so-so. Wednesday I was right back at the fussy stage again and I was having trouble breathing. Daddy decided to call Doernbechers and the doc there told him to take me to the emergency room in Roseburg and have them check my vitals and get a chest x-ray done. We did that and I had fluid in the right plural cavity behind my lung. Mercy called Doernbechers and told them and they wanted me up there ASAP. So I got to go in a another ambulance doing about 85-90 all the way to Portland. Dad and big brother were behind us most of the way. After they examined me, they decided to put in a chest tube to drain the fluid out. They did this and shortly after doing so, I had like a 130-140 ml come out. They said the stuff is basically just really thick breast milk, and this is actually pretty commom after the surgery I just had. As of right now, I am doing okay. They are starting me on a different formula, one that will not cause what happened to happen again. Anyways, so we are back up here again, hopefully only till Sunday. Well wish me luck and I will keep you updated. Love Ayden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ayden, I hope you have a speedy recovery from everything your cute little self has had to go through since birth!!! It's just not fair that you are having to go through all of this little guy. You are a very special little boy that has ALOT of family that cherish you. Your dad is a cool guy and I'm sure you're going to be just like the other boys and be like them too :) So hurry up and get better soon.
~Shannon