Friday, October 3, 2008

Hard First Day

Well, the first day after the surgery was a rough one. I was doing very good overnight and about 3:30am on Thursday, they decided to extubate me. This was good, because I was not happy with the tube shoved down my throat and being awake. After this, I did ok for a while, but then I got really restless and inconsolable. The staff told Mom and Dad that I would be this way but Mom was convinced that there was more to is than just that. They tried giving me Morphine and Tylenol, which did not calm me down. One time, I opened my eyes and was looking at Mommy and Daddy, for a good half a minute and then I just started crying. They tried alot of different things to calm me down. They tried to up the dosage of the Morphine, they rewrote the order so they could give it to me once an hour. They also tried Oxycodone, with no luck. They gave me another Diuretic, which was supposed to help get rid of the fluids in my abdomen, but that did not seem to be the problem. They also gave me Activan, which I had been on before when I left the hospital in May. This is not so much a pain killer as it is a relaxing medicine. This seemed to work. They also gave me hydro-chloride, which also is a pain killer too. The day nurse did not seem to think that anything was really wrong, which had Mommy pulling her hair out, but fortunately the night nurse is on her game. She agreed with Mommy that it looked like I was having trouble breathing, so they put the CPAP machine on me. They were possibly going to reintubate me but they gave me some time to see how I did on the CPAP and so far so good. I am doing fairly good right now. Well I have to go back to bed. If they ever found out I was out here typing away and not in bed, I'd be in big trouble. Love Ayden

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I love you so much and can't wait to se you and mommy daddy and your big brother soon. I am praying that you feel better soon. Love Auntie Randa