Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I hate chest tubes :(

Well I had a really rough day today. It all started last night, my chest tube hadn't drained all day Monday. My mom was optomistic that maybe the IV meds were working and they might take the chest tube out and we could go home. Unfortunately late last night I started having trouble breathing. The doctors waited a long time before they got an x-ray it felt like forever. Finally after about twelve hours of very heavy breathing, which the doctors describe as equivalent to running a marathon,they replaced my chest tube. It had developed a huge clog. The doctors drained 150ml's from my chest. I started to breath a lot easier after that. Imagine running a marathon for twelve hours. I was very tired afterwards. I have been sleeping all day. This brings me to some more bad news. The IV meds have not worked therefor I am going to get a cardiac cath done and they are going to try and figure out if there is anything they can do inside to help me out. I am no longer aloud to eat anything they are stopping all traffic in my tummy. I am getting all my nutrition through the IV in my femoral artery. That was almost a problem today too. My IV, the only one I have, clotted and they couldnt get any blood from it. Luckely some very skilled nurses rethreaded it and got it functioning properly. Wow that was a lot of stress for my whole family. Speaking of family every one saw my super cute video taken by my beautifull aunt Tricia she is always very nice to me. I got a lot of visitors this last week it was great. I got to see my Grandma's and Grandpa's and my uncles and big brother too!!! I really miss daddy. He is comming to see me tommorrow that makes me very happy. I love my family so much...Hugs and Kisses. Love Ayden

1 comment:

pbnj said...

Hi Sweety-pie:

We are all praying for you today that your cardio-cath will go well. You are such a little fighter. Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Garrett love you so much!!! Take care Ayden and get better soon!

Love,
Grandma Penny