Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can't Get A Break.

I was doing a lot better Tuesday when they changed my chest tube. Things were looking good the rest of that day. Wednesday morning rolled around and my chest tube was not producing anything yet again. Mom did not get excited this time instead she thought there was probably another clog. Well my breathing got worse through out the day and it felt like a bad case of deja vu. They checked my chest tube and said that I didn't have a clog. My x-ray showed a build up of fluid still on the right side but in a different location where the tube wasn't reaching. Apparently I developed a pocket and all the fluid was now building up in there. On Wednesday evening my breathing had got increasingly bad. At about 3am Thursday they finally moved us to the intensive care unit with a plan to put in a new chest tube. The surgeons were so busy today that I didn't get a new tube until 4pm. By that time I was pooped. Luckily I am a fighter and the only breathing assistance I needed was a high flow nasal cannula with some warm air and a little moisture. I have been doing better since they drained it. They removed 230ml from my chest. that is a lot of fluid for such a small guy. On a brighter note I did get to see my daddy. I missed him so much. He even got to hold me. I was a bit cranky but who can blame me. Well I'm a bit tired so I am going back to bed. I'll keep everyone posted. Love Ayden

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I love you kiddo. I miss seeing you and Mommy already. I also miss seeing your smile. I am glad that you are feeling better and I look forward to seeing you next week. I love you very very much. Love Papa.