Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another Surgery

Well as the title implies, I have to have another operation. The reason behind this one is that after my last operation, I should have been getting better, instead I am being like a yo-yo and having my vitals go back and forth. This next op will involve taking the end of my shunt and moving it to a different artery, because the one it is attached to now is narrowed. After this is done, Dr. Langley will also be removing tissue from my heart and making a small hole in the atrium wall, which is called an atrial septal defect. I already have a ventricular septal defect. The idea is that this will even the flow between the two atrium, which is something I am having problems with now. My surgery is not as risky as the first one, which is good and Dr. Langley is confident this will solve the problems I've been having lately. Anyways, Mom and Dad are really chomping at the bit for the whole stay at the hospital to be over with, so we can all go home. I am really looking forward to getting to see my bedroom and getting to see my two big, stinky puppies, Koda and Gunner. Anyways, I will update everyone with how I do tomorrow. I know my life has been a roller coaster for all of you and my family really does appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. Love, Ayden

4 comments:

Holsgem said...

Thanks for the update!!! We love you loads and you are in our prayers!!!

Love, Hols

Holsgem said...

I hope things go okay later today, I'll be up there around 10am

Love, gem

JD said...

Jessica, Nathan and Ayden just wanted to let you know that you are all in my prayers.

Sgt JD Garcia

Keri said...

Hey guys, thinking about you! Hope all goes well. Those doctors' hands are well-guided.
Love, Keri