Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday

Well this morning, the doctors did the rounds and they decided to perform a test called a cardiac catheter,where they injected a dye into my stream, so they could see where it ended up at and see how it flowed. They took me to do this at around 10:45 am and I did not get back till after 4:00 pm. Mom and Dad were pretty worried, and Uncle Gary came by to see me and I was gone. Darn! After doing the test, Dr. Langley talked to Mom and Dad and told them that I would need to have another operation. This operation is not as long and bad as the last one. Dr. Langley said that they are going to disconnect my shunt and move one end to my aorta, because where it was connected was narrowed due to when they sowed me close, the tissue kind of got pushed around and moved it a little. The only problem with this operation is that I just had one, so I might get sicker possibly because my immune system is not tip top yet. But the good news is that I will have two of the best heart doctors in the world working on me tomorrow, Dr. Stephen Langley and Dr. Ross Ungerleider. Google both of them to see how good they are. Anyways I am pretty tired, so I am going to go. I will be sure to let everyone know how I am doing tomorrow. Love to all. Ayden

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey little buddy, you don't know us, but we are friends of your uncle Gary, and part of the www.fighting69.com squad. We are praying for you! Stay strong!