Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finally, less hoses than the garden center at Lowe's!

Today went all right. I had my chest drain tubes taken out. I also had my hard line that was in my neck since the first surgery taken out,too. After they took that out, I bled like a stuck pig for about 45 minutes, because I am on blood thinners for my shunt not to get clotted. A couple of things that I also have wrong, but the nurses are working on, are that I have a ear infection and also a urinary tract infection. I also have a large blister on my neck and also adema, which is when all the fluid in the body pools on the side I lay on. They aren't sure how I got the ear infection, but UTI is from the catheter I had, which was taken out yesterday. I am on antibiotics for both of the infections. My SpO2 level has been up and down, but that maybe because I have some fluid in my lungs, which they are suctioning out, or I may be shunting. Shunting means that because of my ASD, some of the un-oxygenated blood is passing through that, rather than it all going to the lungs like it is supposed to. Daddy said he will post some new pics of me once he gets home. Well I am gonna go. Love you all, Ayden.

No comments: